President Uhuru Kenyatta will start a 12-day tour of all regions in Kenya on Tuesday hours after skipping the Presidential Debate.
A renown columnist with Sunday Nation, Prof Makau Mutua, posted a chilling message of a coup in Kenya in March 2013 if Hague suspects get elected.
“I predict a military coup in Kenya after the March 2013 elections if those indicted for crimes against humanity are elected,” read the tweet. He went ahead to say:”I predicted in December 2007 Kenya would go to civil war. It did. Some politicians will take Kenya over the cliff if elected.” Posted Makau on his Twitter handle on December 23.
TNA and URP today launched a per-election alliance ahead of December 4 deadline by warning foreigners against interfering with Kenya’s sovereignty.
Today Kenya National Congress Presidential Aspirant Peter Kenneth launched his presidential bid at KICC. He promises a fresh start for Kenya and a break from the past. Despite positive comments on the launch on Social Media, many Kenyans believe tribal politics will not let him.
Finally Prime Minister Raila Odinga has made his threat a reality by sacking his friend turned foe William Ruto. The former Higher Education minister was sacked today when Raila made changes in his side of the coalition.
Hellen Sambili and Aden Duale who have stood by Ruto were also shown the door. The sacking was contained in a Presidential Press Service statement released this afternoon.
- William Ruto former Higher Education
- Hellen Sambili East African cooperation
- Aden Duale assistant Livestock minister
- Moses Wetang’ula back to the Foreign Affairs docket after the Japan Embassy scandal
- Prof Margaret Kamar replaces William Ruto at Higher Education
- Musa Sirma replaces Sambili Eat Africa Community
- Voi MP Dan Mwazo assistant minister livestock
- Wajir North MP Mohamed Gabbow was named Special Programmes assistant minister
- Manson Nyamweya was appointed Trade assistant minister.
- Julius Murgor was named Environment and Mineral Resources assistant minister